Make Peppa Pig-inspired Bunny Ears and A Chick Hat
You will need:
• A4 paper
• A printer
• Colouring pencils or pens
• Coloured paper (optional)
• Sticky tape or glue
• Paper fasteners (optional)
• Easter Chick cap template
• Bunny ears template
How to make the chick hat
1. Print out the sheets with the Easter chick cap template.
2. Colour in the all the sections for the hat if you're using pens or pencils, and then cut along the dotted lines. If you're using coloured card; cut out the templates, place them on the card, draw around them and then cut out. We’ve chosen yellow card for the main hat, and orange for the beak.
3. Next, pick up the main hat sections, and stick the front and back parts together using the tabs to form one circle with either sticky tape or glue. Your hat should now look like a little crown!
4. Now we're getting to the trickier bit. If you’re using a paper fastener, make a hole where each one of the black dots is at the ends of the triangles. Then pull the dots together so they overlap and put the fastener through all of the holes. If you don’t have paper fasteners, use a pencil to make the holes, and then use sticky tape or glue to secure all the triangles together.
5. Now it's time to add the beak! Fold and stick the six tabs on the beak/brim onto the inside the hat, just under the eyes, and you’re done! If you used coloured card to make your hat, don’t forget to cut out and stick on the eyes.
How to make the bunny ears
1. Print out the bunny ears template, and grab some colouring pens or pencils. Or grab your coloured card if you're using that.
2. Colour in the all the sections of the ears and headband if you're using pens or pencils, and then cut along the dotted lines. We're using colouring pencils, but if you're using coloured card; cut out the ears and headband, place them on the card, draw around them and then cut out. For the spots, you can draw and colour those on, or cut out some spots and stick them on.
3. Next, measure your head to see how the ears will fit and then stick the strips together at the tabs with glue or sticky tape. If you have a smaller head, stick the tabs further down. And ta-da! You now have some adorable bunny ears for Easter!
Read Peppa's latest story Peppa Loves Easter:
BY LADYBIRD BOOKS